- In-Service Workshops
- Summer Institutes
- Video Based Training
- Suicide Prevention Tutorial
- The video tutorial on this site may be used for teachers that were unable to attend the two hour Suicide Prevention training held in our district this year. Users will establish and maintain their own login. The primary provider is Maureen Underwood, a licensed mental health professional who served as the coordinator for the New Jersey Adolescent Suicide Prevention Project for 15 years. She is also the coauthor of "Managing Sudden Traumatic Loss” in the Schools. Her DOE provider number is listed on the certificate of completion.
- Substitute Training Video
- Substitute teachers conduct and classroom responsibilities.
- Evaluation Forms
- Mentoring Plan
- The Lower Cape May Regional School District recognizes and supports the need for a formal Novice Teacher Mentor Program. The Mentoring Program will focus on assisting teachers in the performance of their duties and adjustment to the challenges of teaching. New teachers need a continuous, consistent system of support that provides regular feedback, encouragement, and direction.
- Professional Development Plan
- Many methods are used each year to determine the professional development needs of the staff as they relate to student achievement.
- Technology Plan
- Three-Year Local School District / Charter School Technology Plan. July 1st 2010 through June 30th 2013.
2007-2008 Tech Time Schedule
- 20 - 30 minute sessions on useful technology provided by our Tech Department.
- Some Basic Active Learning Strategies
- Engaging students in individual or small group activities - pairs or trios
especially - is a low-risk strategy that ensures the participation of
- New Jersey Core Content Curriculum Standards
- Describe what students should know and be able to do once they finish their public education.
- Google Teacher
- This user friendly link includes readymade classroom activities and processes. The “Weekly Reader Writing” tool and plans can help you engage students in “digital buddy writing.” The “tools for your classroom” link provides some nifty software applications. “Classroom Activities” includes tech laden lesson and NECC presentations on how to use project based lesson, blogs, podcasts, docs and spreadsheets. When you become super user friendly with this site and have an interest in sharing please contact Chris Kobik to arrange a summer workshop.
- Register, take the video tour, and incorporate one lesson into a class and I think you’ll agree this is a helpful resource. This site has Zillions of lesson plans, materials, and tools.
- Ice Stories
- Watch science in action at the South Pole through live and archived webcasts