10 reasons you should Take This Humanities Course
1.Humanities helps us understand our neighbors, near and afar.
2. Humanities give us a sense of where we have come from.
3. Humanities courses discuss ideas we have often wondered about but were afraid to discuss.
4. Humanities courses help us get our won beliefs in order.
5. Humanities courses give us the tools with which to appreciate the world's art, literature and music.
6. Humanities courses develop skills we will need in almost any work we will do.
7.Humanities backgrounds are in demand in a wide range of professions today.
8. Humanities courses approach us as unique, individual human beings, not numbers on a printout or warm bodies in an auditorium.
9. Humanities courses are good places to meet other people.
10. Humanities courses can be fun!
Every year I try and adapt the Humanities course to the desires of the students in the course, but what I want all classes to understand is the importance of people as individuals and a whole. We will see how one person can change the world for the good and the bad and how groups of people can lead whole nations to their highest, or lowest points. We must begin with the dawn of man and watch as he makes his marks on the historical timeline. How can the world allow a Hitler and Mother Theresa to share the planet? Why did the native American Indians stay in the "dark" while Western Europe spawned a Renaissance like no other? These are some of the questions the course will pose. Hopefully, student generated questions will be equally stimulating and intense.